Friday, March 9, 2012

The Product

As of March, what is your product and why? Please provide evidence to support what you have done to lead you thinking this is your product. Be specific and use examples from your senior project (refer to what you are doing, for example, in my service learning, naming the where you work and who you work with,


As of march, I think my product is definitely a sense of confidence and assertiveness. Normally, when I speak I generally have a quiet voice; I tend to mumble and speak very quickly at the same time. The combination of all of these things sometimes makes it hard  for people to understand me, especially in a crowded noisy gym. After being asked "What did you say?" on too many times I realized that I needed to speak more clearly, and since then I've been making a conscious effort to clear up my voice.

One of the things that I noticed when I teach is that kids are really receptive of body language. If I was acting meek or shy at any point during the class, they would tend to act up more than usual. So I leaned to take control. Not that I was mean, just more assertive. The kids I teach needed to look at me as an authority figure before I could teach them. So I learned to be more assertive. If I said something and someone didn't listen, I would call them back, repeat what I said, and watch as thy did it. After a while, they started listening to me the first time around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment