Thursday, April 26, 2012

Helping 2013

I Interviewed Ivy Jordan on 4/26/2012 at 12:40 pm.

1.       What Ideas do you have for senior project and why?
a.       I would like to do something in the art area, either photography or painting. Either way, I have to find connections. I want to do gallery work. I’ve been trying to get an internship in Pomona. I want to plan an art show rent out an entire gallery for a day and just host an art show
                                                               i.      Those are both really good ideas, the only problem you might have is service learning. I don’t know if you have connections, but getting a volunteer position at an art gallery might be tough. You might be able to become a docent at an art museum. If you can’t find service learning for that, there’s always Photo ROP
2.       What do you plan to do to complete the 10 hours of service learning
a.       I plan to intern or volunteer at an art gallery in Pomona. I would help maintain paintings, and just generally learn about the gallery management..stuff.
                                                               i.      I didn’t have to do the ten hours, but that sounds like a good thing to do. It pertains to your senior project as well so that’s good.
3.       What do you expect to see when watching the class of 2012
a.       I expect to see lots of poster boards and people standing nervously in heels and clothes they don’t feel comfortable in. I expect people will know a lot about their topic and be able to share their ideas with the rest of us.
                                                               i.      Yea, that’s pretty much what it’s going to be like. A bunch of nervous people standing around mumbling through their nerves as they try to make sure they graduate. It’s going to be great!
4.       What questions do you have about senior project
a.       Do you know if it’s possible to arrange transportation off campus and take the entire day off then present the 2-hour in an art gallery somewhere? Then after I present some experts can come and talk.
b.      I don’t think anyone’s ever done that but you can try. I’m not sure if producing budgets  Does cal poly have an art gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment